Programme: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Store Klaus, Denmark
Dates 31 May—8 June 2022.
National team size: 4 participants + 1 group leader
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Copenhagen Youth Network
Drinking alcohol can be a great way to socialise, let loose and forget about daily stress, but alcohol and excessive
partying can also lead to abuse, self-destruction and alienation.
This project ask the following:
How can young people have a progressive and dynamic day-to-day life, live an entertaining and social life with or without alcohol, and how can we learn from different cultures when it comes to socialising and drinking?
The objective of this Key Action 1 project is to provide our young participants with a forum for discussing motivations,
feelings and reasons regarding social life, family patterns, social norms, mannerisms, and traditions, etc., in order to find methods of interaction that are not only determined by whether or not you consume alcohol.
We focus normatively on methods of promoting interaction and individual/group mobilization with and without alcohol
present in order to prevent social stigmatisation in local and global communities.
Through non-formal activities and intercultural discussions and debates we want the participants to share their good
experiences and support each other in creating a better social lifestyle. Through the project we want young people to come up with alternatives when meeting in get-togethers with a social purpose without alcohol being mandatory. We want a health
related perspective where the objective is to bring drinking into context with diet and mental health.
The methodology of the Youth Exchange is based on the principles of non-formal education. The main focus will be placed on the participants, fostering their active participation, mutual learning, discussing and sharing of experience and good practices in sport and youth work.
The profile of participants:
• youth workers, volunteers working in partners’ organizations with young people.
• Being minimum 18 years-old
• Being motivated and able to share the project results in his / her local context and involved in dissemination and follow up process.
• Active participation in all sessions & English-speaking abilities is mandatory!
• Participants should be able to work in groups, share their ideas, give presentations, and express themselves.
The project venue:
We are going to stay in a Scout Cabin close to Copenhagen City and surrounded by a forest, a small lake, and green open spaces. Besides the necessities, the facilities include bonfire, indoor fireplace, football field & gritty running/ jogging tracks, big terrace. Participants should be aware about the fact that we will stay in a scout house, and not in a hotel or Sport center.
Before you apply to take part in this project, please have a look at the project venue: http://storeklaus.dk/
• Men and women sleep separately – no exceptions
• Sleeping arrangements depends on gender division 4, 5, 6,7 or 8 in each room
• Toilets/ bathrooms/ showers are gender separated 4 toilets/5 showers in total
• REMERBER: Please bring own bath towels, bed linen, sheets, and cases. Toiletries and personal items
• CYN will provide pillows and blankets.