Programme: ERASMUS+: Youth, Key Action 1: training course for youth workers
Venue: Yerevan, Armenia
Dates: 8—16 August 2021
Please read the info-pack.
Participating countries: Italy, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Romania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine
Hosting organisation: Armenian Progressive Youth NGO
The Training Course aims at building capacities of youth workers and youth educators in addressing gender issues and mainstreaming gender into the policies and activities of partner organizations. Additionally, the project aims at incorporating gender-sensitive approaches to their work with young people and the youth work provided by their organizations.
Women and girls represent half of the world’s population and therefore also half of its potential. But, today gender inequalities persist everywhere in the world and stagnate social progress. Women continue to be underrepresented at all levels of political leadership. Across the globe, women and girls perform a disproportionate share of unpaid domestic work. Inequalities faced by girls begin right at birth and follow them all their lives. In some countries, girls are deprived from access to health care services or proper nutrition, leading to a higher mortality rate.
Regardless of where you live, gender equality is a fundamental human right. Advancing gender equality is critical to all areas of a healthy society, from reducing poverty to promoting health, education, protection and the well-being of girls and boys. Gender equality education among young people is important. It is essential to allow young leaders and youth workers to feel and reflect on the influence of gender and gender roles, by giving them an opportunity to discuss, debate and learn more about issues that often remain unrevealed. This is why we have developed this Training Course.
Disadvantages in education translate into lack of skills and limited opportunities to access the labor market. Women’s and girls’ empowerment is essential to expand economic growth and promote social development. Full participation of women in the labor market may lead to economic growth and prosperity.
The Objectives of the Training Course are the following:
- A. To raise awareness of 25 youth workers and youth educators on gender mainstreaming;
- B. To provide 25 youth workers and youth educators with knowledge on gender equality, equality feminism, feminist movements and ideologies;
- C. To equip participants with knowledge, techniques and tools, which can improve gender
sensitivity of their work with young people and inclusiveness of their organizations;
- D. To raise the awareness of youth workers and youth educators on the importance of true
comprehension of gender equality and promotion of equality among young people;
- E. To improve international cooperation between youth workers from the partner
organizations and facilitate networking;
- F. To promote development of new partnerships and projects on gender mainstreaming
within Erasmus+ Programme.
- Youth workers ranging from 18 to 30;
- Fluent in English;
- Resident of one of the participating countries;
- Available for the whole duration of the Training.
- IMPORTANT! This is a Training course for YOUTH WORKERS only!