Programme: ERASMUS+: Youth, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Hodos, Slovenia
Dates: 9—19 August 2021
Please read the info-pack.
Participating countries: Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Italy, Bulgaria and Poland
Hosting organisation: Association Connect
We believe that young people should be more aware of their rights and it is very important for them to be aware of when their rights have been violated. Thus, a large number of young people in the EU may find themselves on the margins of society as a result of violations of their rights and discrimination.
Participating in this youth exchange will help young people to gain a better understanding of human rights issues, helping them shape their lives and become more active citizens who will contribute to positive change in society. It will also encourage them to become aware of the importance of strengthening their competences, intercultural awareness, personal development, empowerment and active citizenship.
The aim of the youth exchange is to encourage young people, to learn about their personal
development and growth, and to become active members of their communities.
This youth exchange will take place in Hodos, Slovenia and will bring together young people from seven European countries: Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Italy, Bulgaria and Poland. Through this project, young people from 7 countries will live together for 11 days. Project will enable young participants to debate about the topic of human rights. Participants will also be encouraged to think about the world around them, to express themselves and to think about the ideas with which they could improve the existing situation in their communities.
The methods of work will be in the form of non-formal education and learning from a practical work. The activities of the project will be various and participants will have the chance to enjoy different methodologies such as icebreakers, energizers, warm up activities, group work, discussions, learning by doing, inter-cultural nights and outdoor activities included in a series of workshops and activities connected with human rights. This project is also a great opportunity for young people to learn about another country, culture, language, broaden their horizons and get new ideas for the future.
- Name games, know each other, ice breakings, trust games…
- Presentations of countries and organizations
- Erasmus+ Program and Youth Pass tools
- Reflection groups: There will be times every day to prepare the Youth Pass and reflect about the daily activities, skills, attitudes and knowledge.
- Evaluations: time every morning for a short evaluation about the previous day (feelings, activities, stuff, etc.) We will plan enough time for a final evaluation in order to know how the full experience was and prepare the Youth Pass.
- Intercultural dinner after the first day activity. Every team should bring some typical food or/and drink specialties from their Country.
- Trip to Murska Sobota; including sightseeing and free time.
- Free day for swimming in Moravske Toplice; IMPORTANT: bring swimsuits and towels!