Erasmus+, Key Action 1: training course
Dates: 14—25 November 2022
Venue: Modica, Sicily, Italy
National team size: 4 youth workers
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Associazione Attiva-Mente
Young people across Europe have a high potential, but often lack skills, tools, opportunities to express themselves, and sometimes the proper support.
They are underrepresented in media and democratic life. Moreover, youth workers and young people with fewer opportunities are even more underrepresented and marginalized
Internet and social media provide only a partial solution to those issues because of low digital literacy.
WE Radio 2.0 gives an opportunity to youth workers and young people to learn how to make better use of media’s potential, especially the innovative means of web radio.
WR 2.0 aims to increase young people’s skills and capacities to participate in democratic processes using the participatory web radio broadcast and low-budget web radio.
During the project, we will learn how to create a participatory broadcast that encourages youth involvement, discovers new forms of participation and promotes youth entrepreneurship in a form of web radio.
As a result, organisations and youth workers will be able to help young people establish their own web radio which they will run without the mediation of adults.
The radio will be entirely created by young people who will decide on topics, formats, editorial lines and contents.
With this, they will be able to involve other young people (often socially excluded) and create a critical mass that will influence their community.
WE Radio 2.0 aims to empower young people, increase their social engagement, contribute to life-long learning and self-
establishment of young people, involving young people and youth workers with fewer opportunities.
- increase the quality of youth work by presenting a new, more participatory approach
- encourage organisations to set up their participatory web radio
- improve outside communication of partner organisations increase the aggregation, group participation and expression of young people based on their shared interests
- contribute to the sense of entrepreneurship and creativity of young people
- support youth to influence their community, helping them become protagonists of change
- Open the world of youth working to people who may experience social exclusion, providing them a way to matter into society
Methods we will use are creative and practical workshops, broadcast simulations, discussions and other non-formal education methods.
- Each partner organisation will involve 4 people aged 18+
- It is really important to respect gender balance as much as possible.
- We warmly welcome people with fewer opportunities! That’s why this project foresee at least the 50% of Fewer opportunities participants (Economic obstacles, Disability, Migrant background obstacle, etc.)
This project is for you if you are:
- over 18 years old
- a youth worker active in the partner organisation
- interested in the topic of media, especially radio
- dedicated to implementing web radio during the mobility and after in your local community
- willing to apply new competences in your daily youth work
- willing to participate in dissemination and visibility activities after the mobility