Programme: Erasmus+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Agros, Cyprus
Youth exchange dates: 20—28 May 2022
APV dates (= Advance Planning Visit): 26—28 March 2022.
National team size: 6 participants + 1 group leader
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Cyprus, Greece, Bulgaria, Italy, Spain
Hosting organisation: Youth Dynamics
“Y-EU-oth for social entrepreneurship” is a youth exchange of Youth Dynamics that will organised in Agros between 20-28/5/2022. In the project will take part 42 young people and group leaders from 6 EU countries.
The youth exchange project which aims to gather young people and empower them with social entrepreneurial attitudes and mindset. Over the past two decades, the citizen sector has discovered what the business sector learned long ago:
There is nothing as powerful as a new idea in the hands of a first-class entrepreneur. This is more important now than ever given the current context concerning young migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in Europe. The frustration and disempowerment of the disadvantaged youth in general and these young migrants and asylum seekers in particular can breed low self-esteem, low motivation, cynicism and radicalization. Social entrepreneurs are individuals with innovative solutions to society’s most pressing social problems. They are ambitious and persistent, tackling major social issues and offering new ideas for wide-scale change.
Rather than leaving societal needs to the government or business sectors, social entrepreneurs find what is not working and solve the problem by changing the system, spreading the solution, and persuading entire societies to move in different directions. Social entrepreneurs often seem to be possessed by their ideas, committing their lives to changing the direction of their field. They are visionaries, but also realists, and are ultimately concerned with the practical implementation of their vision above all else.
The aim of this YE is to create awareness about social economy & social enterprises, appreciate the role of social entrepreneurship and inspire participants to create a vision where their passion and desire for change meets selfemployability.
- Understand what social entrepreneurship is and its relation to sustainable development.
- Explore different social enterprise approaches and identify different models through showcasing and local study visits.
- Learn about the social impact of social enterprises.
- Create a social enterprise business plan.
- Explore Erasmus+ for entrepreneurial education and source of social enterprises starting point.
- Acquire practical tools for social entrepreneurs (needs analysis using the ‘problem tree method’, business plan development through the ‘business model canvas’, pitching tools.
- Develop competencies, necessary for social entrepreneurs, such as cooperation, risk taking, sense of initiative, leadership, communication, teamwork, creative thinking and innovation for idea generation and problem solving.