ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Emen, Bulgaria
Dates: 9—16 June 2023
Czech team: 2 participants
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: CVS-Bulgaria
The main aim of this project is to equip participants with skills and knowledge in the field of Emotional Intelligence, Social Emotional Learning and Emotional Awareness to promote more effectively youth development and social inclusion.
✔ Are you interested in emotional intelligence, social psychology and emotional awareness?
✔ Do you want to know more about Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)?
✔ Are you willing to develop your facilitation and non-formal education skills addressed to youth?
✔ Do you want to learn more about how to improve the impact of your non-formal activities and youth work (workshops, webinars, workcamps, training courses…) through emotional intelligence and emotional awareness?
✔ Are you motivated to explore more about social inclusion?
✔ Are you committed to developing together a great educational output (“emotional cards”) based on the topics of the training course?
✔ Are you a resident of Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Ireland, Italy, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain or Turkey?
✔ Are you ready to meet amazing people from 14 countries, make new friendships, and get inspired by their ideas and projects?
✔ Would you like to enjoy nature spending a week in a peaceful green environment and having the possibility to explore the picturesque Veliko Tarnovo town?
✔ …And all this without any cost?!
If your answers are „Yes, this is me!“, then…
… we have an offer for you!! 🙂
The project has 4 main components:
- 90-minute preparatory online meeting and digital preparatory tasks (May 2023) The online meeting will be held a few weeks before the beginning of the training course. It will last 90 minutes and will involve the participants, the trainers and the representatives of CVS- Bulgaria. It will be a chance to start getting to know one another, to share details on the project, the venue and the logistics, and to answer questions. Participants will be invited to perform creative preliminary tasks, using an online platform such as “Padlet”, which will help them understand the topics to be addressed during the training course.
- Y.D.E.A. Training Course (9 – 16 June 2023, Emen, Bulgaria) Each day of the training course will include 4 non-formal education sessions, which will involve participants in creative, interactive and awareness-raising activities focused on Emotional Intelligence. The trainers will propose team-building activities, group-work, “learning-by-playing” sessions, spaces for learning, sharing, evaluating and reflecting. There will be the chance to relax, meet local organisations and visit the surrounding area.
- Participative development of the output – “Emotional Cards” (after the training course) During the last day of the training course, participants will start developing the “Emotional Cards”, a creative non-formal education tool which will help youth workers to boost emotional intelligence, social inclusion and social emotional learning in their activities. The development of the output will continue online through a participative effort of the whole group and under the coordination of CVS Bulgaria.
- Final online meeting to present and disseminate the project results The Final Online Meeting will be a 1-hour online event planned at the end of the year / beginning of 2024, to officially launch the tools and presenting the project results and impact.
At the training, you will:
- get to know and learn more about the international participants and their organisations, through team-building and interactive sessions;
- increase your knowledge on Emotional Intelligence, Social Emotional Learning, Emotional Awareness, social psychology, mental health and how to apply this knowledge to youth work to boost social inclusion and impact;
- through “learning-by-playing” sessions, develop non-formal educational methods, tools, models and practice based on SEL and EI, and focused on the current needs of young people;
- develop and consolidate sensitivity and the expertise concerning mental health issues within the organisations, the networks, the International Voluntary Service movement and in youth work in general;
- share ideas and inspirations on how to create synergies with formal and non-formal education bodies, to reach-out and include young people with fewer opportunities.
The provisional training programme can be found on the last page of the info-pack. We will offer you an excellent learning opportunity that will support you to increase the quality of non-formal education activities you and your organisation are doing, and also a unique networking experience with fellow-minded people from across Europe. Please read the following points to check if you are eligible to apply!
The ideal participants are educators and trainers (also to-be trainers), workcamp coordinators, volunteers, NGOs staff and
board members and youth workers with an interest in emotional intelligence, mental-health, non-formal education, social
inclusion and its applications in their work with young people. There are a few formal requirements you need to satisfy to join
the training course:
- You need to be a resident of one of the 14 project countries mentioned on the cover page.
- You must be able to communicate in English (the working language of the course).
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You need to attend the whole course duration (there is no possibility to make exceptions).
- You commit yourself to take part in the preparatory and in the follow-up phase of the project.
We explicitly encourage participants of all genders, abilities and ethnic backgrounds to apply!