Programme: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Arrouquelas, Rio Maior, Portugal
Dates: 17—25 June 2022
National team size: 2 participants
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: H2O
Training course on exploring the renewed EU Youth Strategy “Engaging, Connecting and Empowering young people and inventing tools and local and European youth projects based on its youth goals for the sake of young people with fewer opportunities.
Themes of the training course:
The renewed EU Youth Strategy “Engaging, Connecting and Empowering young people” proposed by the European Commission for 2019 – 2027 and its challenges and good practice.
Inventing youth projects in local and European level based on the 3 objectives of the Strategy such as Engage, Connect and Empower young people and its 11 youth goals such as:
1. Connecting EU with youth;
2. Equality of all genders;
3. Inclusive societies;
4. Information and constructive dialogue;
5. Mental health and wellbeing;
6. Moving rural youth forward;
7. Quality employment for all;
8. Quality learning;
9. Space and participation for all;
10. Sustainable green Europe;
11. Youth organisations and European programs.
Exploring Erasmus+ program and European Solidarity Corps as tools for implementing objectives and youth goals of the Strategy.
The overall aim of the training course is to gain deeper knowledge on European Youth Strategy as main direction of youth work between 2019 and 2027 in local and European level. Experienced youth workers, trainers and project managers share their point of views, experiences and practices concerning the Strategy and its objectives and youth goals. Inventing tools and projects based on the needs of their target groups along the Strategy.
- Learning objectives of the training course are:
- To raise understanding on the objectives of new European Youth Strategy “Engaging, Connecting
and Empowering young people”;
- To foster understanding of its main objectives as engaging, connecting and empowering young people and its youth goals such as:
- 1. Connecting EU with youth;
- 2. Equality of all genders;
- 3. Inclusive societies;
- 4. Information and constructive dialogue;
- 5. Mental health and wellbeing;
- 6. Moving rural youth forward;
- 7. Quality employment for all;
- 8. Quality learning;
- 9. Space and participation for all;
- 10. Sustainable green Europe;
- 11. Youth organisations and European programs.
- To exchange experiences and good practice on local and international youth activities based on the objectives and youth goals of the Strategy then to discover and explore its challenges.
- To prepare a recommendation on possible tools and projects in order to put the Strategy into
Who can participate in the training course/participants’ profile:
- Above 18 and there is no upper age limit;
- Youth workers, trainers, project managers directly working with young people, having experience of working with different European youth projects as Erasmus+ program;
- Ready to take part in the whole seminar and take facilitator role for certain workshop;
- Be able to communicate English.