Programme and action: Youth in Action programme, action 3.1. training course
Project venue: Tirana, Albania
Dates: 3-10 June 2013
No of pax: 3
Access to Information = Active Participation is a training course which will bring together 33 participants from Albania, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Serbia, Republic of Macedonia, Cyprus, Kosovo, Slovakia,Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic & Poland and will be implemented from Roma Active Albania.
The project “Access to Information = Active Participation” emphasizes a common factor that we face each day in our work. The proper communication when involving and mobilizing marginalized groups, such as the Roma minority.
- Understanding the role of diversity in mass-communication
- Reach better understanding among participants about different cultures and nationalities
- Increase the ability of participants to work in multicultural teams
- To understand the role of a multicultural team while working in a multicultural social environment
- Provide participant with tools for improving information access related to youth initiatives in marginalised groups
European citizenship seeks inclusion and equal opportunities,especially when informing people at grassroots level.This can give space to youth participation. In a society where minorities face poverty and marginalization,it becomes crucial to deliver messages that are clear and easy to be understood.
The main theme of the training is diversity and intercultural dialogue. Combined with mass communication and access to information in a multicultural society, we can provide e key for active participation of youngsters from marginalised groups, in a diverse society.
Aim of the training is to help young leaders to understand diversity as a key to positive change of the society and prepared them to successful work and effective communication in multicultural teams. Program is designed by using T-Kit(s), COMPASS manual, our own tools and tools from different international trainings and our experience in the field. All activities are based on non-formal education and experiential learning.