Program a akce: Europe for Citizens, Strand 1 “European Remembrance”, 2nd meeting of a multi-phase project
Veneu: Bucharest, Romania
Venue: 16—19 May 2022
National team size: 3
Please read the info-pack of this training course and the overall project info-pack. Please also read the Czech team’s report from the kick-off meeting from Lucca, Italy, November 2021.
Hosting organisation: Alphabet Formation
In today’s Europe, the extremist or populist movements regularly stigmatize migrants and minorities in their political discourse, amalgamating distinct concepts as well as crisis and migration or terrorism and migration, in order to polarize public opinion. This trend stands in stark contrast to the EU values and aims dedicated to the spread of inter-cultural dialogue by bringing together people of different cultures by giving them the opportunity to participate in common activities.
Europe is experiencing the most significant influxes of migrants in its history. The migration brings diversity and the inter-cultural dialogue is an effective antidote to the spreading of the stereotypes and polarization of the public opinion. These backgrounds create a breeding ground for intolerance and discrimination. It is necessary to act in order to promote diversity, tolerance and the respect of EU values.
Against this, ANTIDOTE’s mission is to take action against regular stigmatization of the migrants and minorities, answering to the need to establish a common ground between different cultures and communities by promoting understanding and interaction. Our Network, consisting of local authorities, citizens and recognized NGO’s committed to supporting integration, puts great emphasis on education as the antidote to polarization of the public opinion with the aim to teach citizens the value of tolerance with ambition to actively foster the intercultural dialogue so help in avoiding conflict and the marginalization of migrants and minorities.
ANTIDOTE project, with its powerful alternative narratives, will encourage inter-cultural dialogue between EU citizens and migrants, will help to overcome stereotypes by de-constructing processes of stigmatization. It will raise awareness on the richness of the cultural and linguistic environment in EU and promote tolerance, thereby contributing to the development of a respectful, dynamic and multifaceted EU identity.
Focusing on the detection and exposure of trending narratives, disinformation channels and disinformation techniques, the ambitious aim of this project is to try to channel criticism of the EU into positive driver for the European integration in the long run and to help the EU to come closer to its citizen and to increase their resilience.
- cultural diversity;
- intercultural learning;
- approaching intercultural learning
- managing (cultural) diversity
- Social Advertising Development aimed at Intercultural Dialogue Promotion
Expected training skills achievement:
- to improve counter-narratives NGO practitioner’s tools;
- to develop the capacity to create a learning environment;
- to improve the ability to teach the value of tolerance and dialogue fostering intercultural dialogue helping to avoid conflict and marginalization of citizens on the basis of their cultural identity;
- to develop flexibility and creativity in counter-narrative design;
- to develop technical skills and knowledge about the right type of counternarratives in a given cultural context;
- to develop abilities to create dialogue within the communities and to generate counter-narrative content;
- to understand the essential aspect of cultural diversity;
- to understand what do young people need to be able to improve their respect for the diversity of culture in their local area.