ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Pärnu, Estonia
Youth exchange dates: 22—30 April 2023
National team sizet: 5 participants (aged 18—26) + 1 group leader (18+)
Please read the info-pack.
Participation fee (collected by the hosting organisation): €20/participant.
Hosting organisation: NYH
Everyone has heard about hacking video games, smartphones or computers, but what about hacking your own body? “BioHacking: Step 1” Youth Exchange idea comes from the desire to improve the body capacities using all-known methods. You probably heard that doing yoga is really healthy and if you wish to bring balance to your mental state, you should start practising it. Or what everyone around says about the influence of food on your body. But do you know why it’s important?
We invite you to delve into the scientific part of this story to bring more understanding to how our daily routine affects our body and mind. By knowing the consequences of your habits, you will be able to get more motivated to make some changes in your life. Most BioHacking techniques are backed up by strong scientific evidence and long thorough research. Only such practices will be introduced to participants throughout this youth exchange. By practising different mindful techniques, young people will have the opportunity to develop useful skills that would allow them to have better performance in various fields as well as learn ways to be more productive and balance out mental, phycological and physical aspects.
By the end of the youth exchange, the participants will be more aware of their physiological state and be equipped with knowledge regarding the first steps of BioHacking, which will allow them to proceed and dig deeper into the topic in the future
1. To explore the principle of BioHacking from three different perspectives: physical activity, nutrition, and mental health.
2. To show in practice various mindful techniques to improve the abilities and stability of our minds and bodies.
3. To equip participants with tips on how they can implement BioHacking on a daily basis.
4. To empower young people and youth leaders to share knowledge with more people and equip them with tools to increase confidence and performance and focus on self-improvement.
5. To analyse the learning achievements and recognise learning progress in BioHacking tools.
● young people from 18 until 26 years old (no limit for group leader)
● young people interested in BioHacking and in finding ways to improve their productivity and performance
● young people that are passionate about working on themselves and finding a balance between the physical and mental aspects of their lives
Profile of the leader: 18+ years old (no upper age limit), youth worker/youth leader The persons joining the APV must be the same person coming to the youth exchange as a leader! (OBLIGATORY!!!)