Erasmus+, Key Action 1: training course
Dates: 18—24 October 2022
Venue: Pragelato, Turin, Italy
National team size: 2 youth workers
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Madiba Società Cooperativa Sociale
DEAL: Develop, Empower, Achieve, Learn
Building employability skills through personal development Erasmus + KA1 Training Course
DEAL training course is an updated and upgraded training that was firstly realized in UK (Worcester) in 2013 and in 2015 while the Consolidation seminar took place one year after (with a Period of Practice in the meantime) in 2016 in Birmingham.
Employability is about having the capability to gain initial employment, maintain employment and obtain new employment if required. In an era marked by rapid advances in automation and artificial intelligence, new research assesses the jobs lost and jobs gained under different scenarios through 2030. Artificial intelligence and automation, rapid changes brought by technology will make some jobs obsolete, meanwhile growing demand for new jobs. Other researchers are also saying that the new generation of young people are eager to learn, knowing that this will create better opportunities for them, especially in the job market. They seek for a clear career path and stability, training and mentoring and are rather pragmatic.
DEAL is dedicated to the empowerment of youth workers/leaders to work with unemployed young people and young people from
disadvantaged areas. The aim of the project is to develop participants’ skills for self-empowerment, foster their youth worker skills as well as create a hub for employability and personal development tools, methods and practices to be used by those working with young people, so to support them in dealing with challenges, having ownership of their life and pursuing diverse career prospects.
- Improving the participants’ competences required in facilitating the personal and professional development of the young people they work with.
- Providing space for sharing of experiences and good practices in the subject matter (here in particular: development of key life and employability skills).
- Gaining first-hand experience in a number of personal and professional development tools.
- Empowering participants in acting as multipliers so as to build up to the experience gained during the project and having it spread to relevant stakeholders afterwards.
- Exploring possibilities for future cooperation among participants and partner promoters engaged.
- To provide information on Erasmus+ and other opportunities to foster employability skills.
Youth workers, youth leaders, trainers, coaches as well as any other youth work practitioners, are willing to develop their competences in the field and to establish future cooperation.