Programme: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Adana, Turkey
Dates: 21—29 May 2022.
National team size: 4 + 1 group leader
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Demokrasi ve Hukuk Çalışmaları Derneği
“Diversity and Tolerance For Peace” is a youth exchange project which will be held in Adana/Turkey between 21 – 29 May 2022. There will be 35 participants (including 7 group leaders) from 7 countries. Turkey, Germany, The Republic of North Macedonia, Greece, Czech Republic, Lithuania and Romania are participating countries.
During our project activities we are planning to use informal learning methods, while supporting this with case studies, role plays, surveys, debates, ice brakers, energizers and field studies. There will be energizers before each activity.
All participants (except group leaders) will be young people with fewer opportunities who has social/economical/geographical obstacles and cultural differences. The participants will be aged between 18-30 years old and there is no age limit for group leaders.
The scope of the project:
– To show differences can live in love, respect and tolerance in order to prevent racism, xenophobia and Islamophobia thoughts that turn into a very important problem in Europe and feed on hatred.
– To put love, respect, tolerance and the desire to live together against racism, xenophobia and islamophobia thoughts.
– To develop methods to ensure that the excluded are integrated into society.
– To focus on a current and vital issue such as xenophobia and Islamophobia, which are rising and continuing to rise in Europe, and to question prejudices.
– To gain participants the ability to combat intercultural conflict and prejudice.
– The project supports pluralism, diversity and tolerance.
– The concepts that will take the center of our activities; cultural diversity, prejudice, cultural conflicts and dialogue.