ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Eskisehir, Turkey
Dates: 23 June—1 July 2023
Czech team: 3 youth workers (aged 23-40)
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Birlikte Yasam Dernegi
As a reaction to the recent migration crisis partners decided to make a training course with the aim to empower youth workers to use intercultural dialogue as a tool in combating intolerance towards migrants, fostering mutual understanding, and creating better integration mechanisms in shaping a more inclusive Europe.
- To provide conceptual framework on main notions, such refugee, migrant, asylum seeker, immigration, integration, interculturalism and multiculturalism,
- To reflect on emigration and immigration situation in participating countries and find out the reasons of migration, namely push and pull factors,
- To discuss and analyze the current migration challenges in Europe and try to offer solutions from the perspective of youth work,
- To foster tolerance, respect and open-mindedness towards migrants while working with young people,
- To share experiences and best practices of integration mechanisms,
- To work on follow-up projects addressing the issues related to the topic and develop future cooperation.
- aged 23-40
- The project is designed as YouthWorkers’ Mobility and is aimed at people who work or are planning to work in the field of social inclusion and migration.
- All of our participants, whom we plan to be included in our project within the scope of the project, are expected to be youth workers who work in the field of social inclusion and migration or represent their youth organizations
- Speaks English
- Motivated for the inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities and migrant youth
Travel cost reimbursement (please read the info-pack extremely carefully. The reimbursement procedure is explained on p. 6):
✈️ 90% of participants’ travel costs from their home city to ESKİŞEHİR, Turkey will be reimbursed according to the distance limits defined by the Erasmus+ program. (Distance Calculator). There is no participation fee for this course except for travel costs. 10% of the travel costs will be asked as a contribution from the participants, We want that the participants try to find a cheap way to arrive at ESKİŞEHİR.