Programme: ERASMUS+, Key Action1: training course for youth workers
Dates 10—20 December 2021
Venue: Slettestrand, Denmark
Participating countries: Denmark, Romania, Turkey, Lithuania, Czech Republic, the Republic of North Macedonia, Hungary, Croatia, Poland
Hosting organisation: FORA Copenhagen
The aim of the Training Course is to increase young people’s participation in the labour market by improving youth workers and youth organizations’ capacities in mentoring young people for employability. The objectives of the activity are as follows:
• To deepen youth workers’ understanding on the importance of mentoring for employability,
• To provide youth workers and youth organizations tools, methods, and techniques in mentoring young people for employment,
• To provide youth workers examples of mentorship practices in actively supporting young people’s sense of initiative and entrepreneurship,
• To promote quality improvements in youth work through enhanced cooperation between organisations in the youth field.
The training course will bring together 29 participants and 3 trainers, from 11 partner organisations from Denmark, Romania, Turkey, Lithuania, Czech Republic, the Republic of North Macedonia, Hungary, Croatia, and Poland.
Among others the participants will acquire:
• Knowledge on the mentoring tools, methods and techniques applicable in the participants daily work with young people,
• Skills, knowledge, and competences in mentoring young people to increase their chances of employment,
• Soft skills such as communication, teamwork, sense of initiative and responsibility, empathy, problem solving, decision making etc.
• Increased awareness and knowledge on the EU and EU programmes
In order to participate, the candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
• Be at least 20 years old
• Be a youth worker/leader, within the partner organisation, or aspire to be one
• Be fluent in speaking and understanding English
• Be motivated to mentor young people to enhance their professional development
• Be committed to sharing and disseminating the project results
Candidates who do not fulfil the above requirements will not be accepted.
Dissemination of the project results is a key feature within the Erasmus+ programme. The partner organizations and their participants shall prepare relevant material that they can share internally and externally (e.g., presentations, videos, or articles). The participants shall implement follow-up events and/or non-formal activities directly related to this project.