Programme: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Maceira — Fornos de Algodres, Portugal
Dates: 23 June—1 July 2022
National team size: 4 participants
Please read the info-pack
Hosting organisation: Associação de Promoção Social, Recreativa, Desportiva e Humanitária de Maceira
Inspired by the celebrated urban art on the streets of Portugal and the power of this kind of art to send awareness raising messages in an effective, eye-catching and long-lasting way, Multicultural Urban Art is a project designed to promote cultural diversity and inclusion of migrants through urban art.
- to equip youth workers with competence for using urban art as a tool for encouraging cultural diversity and inclusion of migrants;
- to emphasize the importance of accepting and promoting cultural diversity through non-formal learning workshops aimed at presenting the benefits of multiculturalism;
- to enhance the quality of the youth work and the capacity of partner organizations for targeting marginalized groups in their communities through providing them with new youth work methods and effective beneficial activities based on urban art;
- to stimulate European cooperation in the youth field through connecting and training youth workers from organizations from various European countries and providing grounds for collaborative work on joint urban creativity ideas.
promoting cultural diversity and inclusion of migrants through urban art from Portugal, the Czech Republic, Turkey, North Macedonia, Greece and Spain, with 4 participants per country.
- Youth workers older than 18 years of age interested in promoting cultural diversity and inclusion of migrants through urban art.
- Priority should be given to participants who have little or no knowledge in urban art, so that they can gain this knowledge during the Training Course