Programme & action: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: Training Course
Venue: Trento, Italy
TC dates: 2021 (TBA)
Host organisation: MAVI’ Association of Social Promotion
Participating countries: Italy, Czech Republic, Turkey, Portugal, Greece, Denmark, Bulgaria, Spain
Please read the info-pack
RESILIENT VISUAL TALES is a training course with the aim to adress the problem of refugees inclusion in non-formal education context in youth work and create s y n e r g i e s a m o n g t h e participating organizations to future collaboration for the inclusive education methods that use the photographic tool.
The training will aim to train youth workers in the creation of participatory photography projects with migrant and refugees.
Mainly of the refugee population in Europe is young people aged between 13-30. Most of this young people had experienced conficts and suffered traumas. They had fed their country where major conficts have taken place and where major human right abuses have occured. The experienced and bring with them diffcultires due to displacement, which may include the following problems: LIVING IN POVERTY, POOR HOUSING, EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS, SOCIAL ISOLATION, DISCRIMINATION, LIVING WITH PARENTS EXPERIENCING EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS THEMSELVES, SEPARATION FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS, LOSS AND BEREVEMENT, LOSS OF IDENTITY, CONCERNS
ABOUT THE FUTURE.
The TOP PRIORITY of YOUNG REFUGEES are TO REBUILT THEIR SELF-CONFIDENCE AND TO OVERCOME THEIR TRAUMA as well to integrate in their new community, make friends and go back to school or start to work.
THE PROJECT’S OBJECTIVES ARE:
- To share experiences in the feld of participatory photography with migrants, displaced people and refugees
- To empower refection on different dimensions of migration and mobility
- To strengthen the understanding of inclusion and its challenges for young refugees and young people with migrant background.
- To create strategies on youth work context to improve the quality of youth services which are developed for refugees and young people with migrant background.
- To explore the role of youth work in inclusion strategies on educational services.
- To create and implement local activities on inclusion of young refugees and young people with migrant background
- To equip young workers with an effective tools and methods for training and activities on young refugees and migrants
- To strenghten ties between people and organizations engaged in the feld of youth work creating an online platform that serves as a platform for the dissemination of the participatory photography project, giving access to multiple threads of stories and photographs.
- To create a travelling exhibition of the photographs produced in the second step of the training course
Participants’ profile/This is the right project for you if you are interested in:
- PARTICIPATORY PHOTOGRAPHY
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- HOW TO DEVELOP NEW TOOLS FOR SOCIAL INCLUSION
- YOU ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO IMPROVE THE MIGRATORY CONDITION IN YOUR COUNTRY
- YOU WANT TO START A PATH THAT WILL NOT END WITH THE END OF THE PROJECT, BUT WILL ONLY BE THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ADVENTURE
- YOU ARE REGISTERED INHABITANT OF ITALY, CZECH REPUBLIC, BULGARIA, TURKEY, GREECE, DENMARK, SPAIN OR PORTUGAL
- YOU ARE OVER 18
- YOU ARE A YOUTH WORKER (YOUNG ACTIVIST, PEER EDUCATOR, VOLUNTEER, MENTOR, COACH, TRAINER), NGO STAFF THAT WORK WITH REFUGEES
- YOU ARE HIGHTLY MOTIVATED AND WILLING TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE DURING THE WHOLE PROJECT AND IN THE SECOND PART (itinerant photographic exhibition)
- YOU ARE ABLE TO WORK IN ENGLISH