Programme: Erasmus+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Narva, Estonia
Dates: 28 January—3 February 2022
Age limit: 18-30
Czech national team size: 4
Please read the info-pack.
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Austria, Estonia, France, Hungary and Italy
Hosting organisation: Youth and Environment Europe
- Are you passionate about environmental sustainability and climate issues?
- Are you a youth worker or a member of the environmental youth movement or informal group and would you like to enter the political environment?
- Do you want to have a long term impact on environmental policies and influencing local policy making through participation in youth environmental organisations of the future?
- Are you a young game-changer aged between 18 and 30 with a good level of English residing in one of the countries of our partner organisations*?
*Programme countries include: Czech Republic, Austria, Estonia, France, Hungary and Italy
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this training course is the right choice for you and your organisation! And although the best things in life don’t come free, this training course is an exception and it’s completely free of charge!
Youth and Environment Europe is looking for participants for the international training course “Time for YOUth to Speak Climate” on 22-29th of November 2021 in Estonia, Narva. The training course is the first activity of YEE’s project ‘Digital Youth Communic[ACTION]’ supported by the European Youth Foundation and Erasmus+.
Would you like to participate in an interactive training course based on non-formal education principles? During the training we will explore how to increase the digital literacy of the young people active in environmental movements to be truly heard!
What can you expect?
The training course will prepare young people from environmental movements, informal groups and NGOs for effectively developing their digital communication skills and strategies, helping them communicate their messages and concerns about the current climate crisis efficiently in the digital environment, having a long-term impact on environmental decision-making, to fulfil their needs and achieve their strategic goals. YEE wants to support youth environmental activists, workers and informal groups in creating successful digital campaigns to raise their voices and enter the political environment.
You can expect interactive sessions facilitated by our amazing Preparatory team of trainers, educators and facilitators, Esther, Žofie, Lucía, Charlotte, Stefano and Max!
We will have various sessions during which you will
- Explore the current trends in digital communication strategies; particularly in youth movements, environmental NGOs and stakeholders in climate policies;
- Learn how to develop digital communication strategies and online campaigning while getting equipped with digital skills;
- Improve digital literacy and learn how to communicate current climate crisis more effectively in order to have a bigger, sustainable and long-term impact on environmental decision-making;
- Be part of a space for knowledge and experience sharing in the field of climate communication, youth participation and local initiatives among digital climate activists, experts, young workers and youth organisations;
- Have the chance to work on the exciting training course outputs (articles, videos, infographics, etc.).
What makes it even more exciting is that we know your participation will make a difference and therefore it will be highly appreciated. After successful completion of the training course, you will get a YEE Certificate for each of the main topical sessions as well as the YouthPass training course certificate from Erasmus+!
Who are we looking for?
We welcome applications from those who are interested in the topic, are motivated to learn and share knowledge with an international group of young people in the training course and get involved in projects on the topic following the course.
The criteria for applying are the following:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old from one of the programme countries*
- Have good communication skills and speak English well (they should be able to clearly express themselves both orally and in writing);
- Be a climate activist or be a youth worker actively involved in environmental youth organisations and/or youth projects and organisations;
- Have working/studying experience with the topics of the training course: environmental issues, sustainability, youth movements, NGOs, communication, digital media, youth participation and political lobbying;
- Welcome new challenges as learning opportunities;
- Be willing to support the rest of the group and be a team-player;
- Be willing and motivated to share the knowledge and skills from the training course with their colleagues from the organisation and within their communities;
- Be committed to the aims of the project and YEE values