Programme: ERASMUS+ Youth, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Manisa, Turkey
Dates: 29 August—4 September 2021
Participating countries: Turkey, Romania, Czech Republic, Italy, Estonia, Finland
Hosting organisation: Tarzan Egitim ve Gençlik Dernegi
As a result of various human activities such as burning fossil fuels, industrial processes, land use changes and deforestation, the accumulation of important greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has been increasing rapidly since the industrial revolution and the natural greenhouse effect is strengthening. Looking at the global changes that have been observed so far: An increase of 0.5°C in the last century, an increase of 20cm in sea level since the beginning of this century, a decrease in stratosphere temperature, an increase in the amount of precipitation in the middle latitudes and the amount of precipitation in subtropic latitudes. reduction. Over the past 10 years, there has been a significant increase in global warming. Therefore, countries and governments have taken action to combat climate change.
In this context, the European Union has established the 2030 climate and energy framework, and set out EU-wide targets and policy targets for the 2021-2030 period. These:
Key objectives for 2030:
• At least 40% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
• At least 32% share for renewable energy
• It is determined to be at least 32.5% increase in energy efficiency.
Our project has three main objectives:
- To inform young people and youth workers about the Environment (problems, solutions) and Climate Change issues and to increase their awareness,
- To increase the awareness of young people about healthy life,
- To contribute to the European Community by showing the cultural diversity of Europe to young people.
Activities During the Mobility: Presentations, activities related to increase awareness on nature and ecology, nature walks, endemic plants identification, planting trees, workshops and international groups, excursions to cultural sites, cultural arts workshops ect.