Programme & action: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: multi-phase: part 1: Training Course
Venue: London, United Kingdom
TC dates: 30 April – 9 May 2020
Host organisation: Center for Euroinitiatives
Participating countries: Poland, Latvia, UK, Italy, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia
Please read the @CTIVATE – info-pack.
@CTIVATE is a project about participation of young people online.
Hosting organisation information:
Centre of Innovative Approaches (CIA CIC) is young community interest company which was born to bring different approaches into education of young people for community development.
We try to create opportunities for individuals, communities and civil societies to their development and capacity building We would like to enrich the educational, social and cultural life of young people both in UK and outside We would like to offer equal opportunities to young people with fewer opportunities Our organization is aimed towards community of youth development, because we believe that young people can play an active role in the public life and become partners in the decision making processes, and a driving force in the shaping of the society they live in.
We would like to contribute to the formation of new successful generation, which is determined to change the world for the better in a stronger social cohesion that includes minorities and migrants.
Young people have through digital tools more chances than ever to participate. Those chances are everywhere and in everything. Youth workers need to rethink our whole approach toward participation. The project is focused at raising competences of youth workers to activate participation of youth online and to work directly with youth empowerment in order to provide multiplication and sustainability.
The objectives of the training course are:
- to increase critical thinking, internet literacy and sense of
initiative of young people in order to build a safe space for
- to develop a shared understanding of youth participation
online and analyse the achievements and pitfalls of current youth
participation in these processes
- to explore what are the rights, the means, the spaces, the
opportunities and the support required by young people in order
to meaningfully participate in the shaping of the Internet
- to engage young people online and develop their capacity and
competences in active participation in the life of community
- to create opportunities for participation of young people with
disadvantages through the online space to equip youth workers
with different tools and practices of involving youth to active
- to build capacities of youth oraganizations through sharing and
exploring the tools of engaging youth to active participation in
democratic life through online participation and activism
Profile of participants:
– Young workers, project coordinators, youth leaders.
– Age: 18+
– Language: English.
– Priority will be given to participants with fewer opportunities.
- Training course for youth workers, youth leaders, and project coordinators in London on 30 April – 9 May 2020.
- Implementation of multiplying events in the communities of participants (May-June)
- Advanced Planning visit for the youth exchange in Sumy, Ukraine (dates will be confirmed)
- Youth exchange in Sumy, Ukraine (dates will be confirmed)