ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Pāvilosta (near Liepaja), Latvia
Dates: 1—10 December 2022
National team size: 3 participants + 1 group leader
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: RASIO ”Perspektiva”
The aim of the project is to promote Green Goals idea among youngsters by raising their awareness about different environmental and sustainability aspects. We want to achieve a higher level of awareness of the youngsters regarding sustainable mindset thus encouraging them for sustainable lifestyle, behaviour and habits in their daily life.
Usually there is such a situation, when sustainable lifestyles become a fashionable trend among various groups of the population, any aspects of the environment and sustainability in modern society are rather unclear and people rarely have an idea of how much they affect the environment. Actually, there are many ways to minimize negative effects on the environment, thus further contributing to minimizing climate change.
We think that the first step should be starting changing habits towards sustainability by ourselves, and then by passing the information to other people around us. During the youth exchange we will address a range of environmental issues regarding human impact on the environment, circular economy approach, green transport modes, improving waste management, promoting renewable energy, zero waste movement and sustainable housing. Planned achievements from the perspective of youth work practice is promoting the sustainable mindset of the youth workers and youngsters, especially regarding their daily habits.
Objectives of the project:
- promote various aspects of sustainability among youngsters;
- raising awareness about sustainable behaviour among youngsters;
- exchange the best practices, knowledge and experience in environmental protection and sustainability;
- elaborating new ideas of reducing impact of human activities on the environment;
- promote the Erasmus+ programme.
- interested in the topic of the project
- aged 18-30
- each national team should be gender balanced (= two males, two females)
Please note: Participants will cook themselves (there are kitchens available), food will be provided by organizers from a local food store.