ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Salovci, Slovenia
Dates: 24 April—5 May 2023
National team size: 5 participants (aged 16-30) + 1 group leader (18+)
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Association Connect
The youth exchange is organized by organization CONNECT: Association Connect was founded by young people who want to promote active citizenship among young people in our region. Our association brings together young people with different skills and abilities.
The aim of the association is to promote active citizenship, empowerment, youth mobility, non-formal education and intercultural dialogue.
Our activities are linked to a variety of workshops, seminars and projects in the field of entrepreneurship, environment protection, media, human rights and sport.
Summary of the Project:
Participation in this youth exchange will enable young participants to learn how the media influences us and how we react to the information placed on us by the media. It will also encourage them to become aware of the importance of strengthening their competences, intercultural awareness, personal development, empowerment and active citizenship.
The aim of the youth exchange is to raise young people’s awareness that there is a lot of misleading and unverified information appearing in the media today. Therefore it is the task of young people to be able to properly filter and critically process this information. Participation in this youth exchange will help them to think more critically in the future about everything they read or hear from the media, making it easier for them to shape their own destiny.
This youth exchange will take place in Salovci, Slovenia and will bring together young people from six European countries: Slovenia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia and Spain. Through this project, young people from 6 countries will live together for 11 days. At the youth exchange, participants will improve their media literacy and ability to think critically and analyze media publications through various non-formal education activities. In doing so, they will learn to work with information, search for information, acquire analytical skills and improve verbal expression.
The methods of work will be in the form of non-formal education and learning from a practical work. The activities of the project will be various and participants will have the chance to enjoy different methodologies such as icebreakers, energizers, warm up activities, group work, discussions, learning by doing, inter-cultural nights and outdoor activities included in a series of workshops and activities connected with media literacy.
This project is also a great opportunity for young people to learn about another country, culture, language, broaden their horizons and get new ideas for the future.
ACTIVITIES / PROGRAMME
- Name games, know each other, ice breakings, trust games…
- Presentations of countries and organizations
- Erasmus+ Program and Youth Pass tools
- Workshops and activities connected with media literacy
- Reflection groups: There will be times every day to prepare the Youth Pass and reflect about the daily activities, skills, attitudes and knowledge.
- Evaluations: time every morning for a short evaluation about the previous day (feelings, activities, stuff, etc.). We will plan enough time for a final evaluation in order to know how the full experience was and prepare the Youth Pass.
- Intercultural dinner after the first day activity. Every team should bring some typical food or/and drink specialties from their Country.
- Free day for swimming in Moravske Toplice; IMPORTANT: bring swimsuits and towels!
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
- Age: 16–30
- 5 young participants from each country plus 1 group leader –> total 6 participants
- Please, try to keep gender balance in your group (3 girls, 3 boys)
- English is our working language, but it is not obligation. We will have some meetings and discussions so it will be recommended at least basic knowledge or translation into your groups. Don ́t be afraid of language! We will find the way to solve it!
- People who are interested in the topic.
- Young people who share the volunteering spirit.
- Young, motivated, nice, cheerful, smiling participants and good mood!!