Programme: ERASMUS+: Youth, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Dates: 20—29 September 2021
Venue: Crikvenica, Croatia
National group size: 5+1GL
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Udruga Amazonas
Participating countries: Croatia, England, Spain, Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic
Through this exchange we want to bring together young people from different countries
and positions, motivate them to express themselves through the movement and empower them to use their bodies as a method of raising awareness of social problems.
Through different types of workshops they will gain new knowledge and discover new ways of activism that involve the human movement. They will become more aware that different approaches can contribute to change and will be more motivated to transfer new knowledge to their communities and to make small changes.
Youth exchange objectives:
- To empower young people to become active in their communities by using physical movement as a method for change.
- To create an activist message that raises awareness of social issues.
- To take the initiative in solving social problems and empower participants to be the drivers
of change in their own communities.
- To improve participants’ creativity.
- To increase intercultural dialogue and understanding through cooperation of young people from 6 different countries
The final product of the exchange will be a PERFORMANCE held by the participants, in which
they will be sending a message commonly decided during the exchange.
Before coming to the activity, each country group must prepare:
- An example of good practice from their country in which movement was used as a method of change and activism. For example a short film showing an event, presentation or creative workshop. (The objective of this activity is that they motivate and inform both themselves and other young people about different possibilities and range of motion.)
- A movement based workshop (it can be hip-hop, dance, capoeira, etc.) through which they will actively share their knowledge with their peers, and learn something new through the workshops of others participants.