ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Venue: Pachino, Sicily, Italy
Youth exchange dates: 18—28 May 2023
Czech team: 4 participants (aged 18-30) + 1 group leader (18+)
APV (Advance Planning Visit) will take place in Pachino, Italy, 15—18 May. Each APV national team will be represented by the group leader and one participant.
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Attiva Mente
The main topic of the project is the Covid 19’s aftermath. Young people were more affected than the other about the Pandemic and its limitation. They had to renounce to rite of passage such as eighteen birthday’s celebration, they had to follow classes via Internet, they missed more than adults, relevant experience from a moment to another. The pandemic marked their lives in many negative way and therefore this project will help them to process their experience, exploring their own way to be stronger after these unfortunate years.
Last but not least
This will be achevied in an artistic way: Young people, with the help of Youth Workers and the logistical support of Dalek Studios, will create a 8-tracks album from the scratch, in which through Non-formal Education tools, will voice up their experiences and their hope for the future. The album will be distributed by Jamendo and it will be free for the legal and free download.
Why “Music Uniting Soulmates in Covid-19 Aftermath”?
We chose this name because expresses the cooperation of 25 young people to create a tangible result (a music album) helping their organisation to process the negatives experiences of the Covid-19 Pandemic and turn them on in a message of hope for all the ones who suffered because of Coronavirus.
M.U.S.I.C.A. wants to achieve that through music language. This leads to non-formal education activities based on jam session, songriwiting workshop, concerts and recording an album during this Youth Exchange.
The project aims to:
- provide the young musicians and singers, experience in recording, cooperative songwriting and concert
- give them the opportunity to explore feeling and process memories after the pandemic;
- Explore the inequity, stereotypes, racial prejudices who appears during the harsest phases of the pandemic, who involved mainly, but not only, Asian people and Chinese in particular.
These objectives will be achieved through methods of non-formal education, group discussion, open air activities, recording session, songwiting workshops.
Group leader’s profile:
- +18 years old, able to help and support Participants’ learning during the activities;
- People with experience in the topic of the project.
- Really appreciated would be at least amatuer experiences in playing an instrument, composing and songwriting;
- People that have already participated, both as participants and as group leaders, in other Erasmus+
projects (not necessary, but recommended);
- People with a good command of the English Language (to communicate in the most effective way with the organisers and to simplify the resolution of any problem that might emerge during the activities);
- Eager of facilitating activities with his/her own group.
This is a Youth Exchange and therefore, there won’t be a trainer for all the group but each group will have to prepare (there’s why there’s an APV) and facilitate at least one activity in this project.
- Young people aged between 18 and 30, male and female in the most equal proportion as possible (for underaged people, it will be necessary an authorisation from the parents);
- People interested in the topic (necessary);
- Singers and musicians, even with an amateur level;
- Young people with fewer opportunities (possibly one for e ch group in the category of economic obstacles, disability (visual impairment, mobility difficulties);
- Young people eager to share their experiences during the pandemic, able to engage debates and to creatively involve in recording an album.
Each national group must be able to spread the outcome results of the project (album + web platform) in their own community after the project, in the form of concerts, events and whatever form needed for amplify the impact of this project over the duration of the project itself.