ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Wuppertal, Germany
Advance Planning Visit (APV): 5—8 November 2022
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Jugendliche für Kultur e.V. //YouthX
The overall aim of the training is to improve intercultural competences of youth workers for being capable to invent and implement youth work methods and tools on preventing and dealing with online and offline hate speech and hate crime among young people especially towards minorities, including Roma, refugees and migrants’ young people. As youth workers, we have to deal with different culturality young people who experience social exclusion and discrimination based on their cultural background;
- local young people who is influences by hate speech online and local level through media and family background;
- young people with refugees background from an absolutely different culture, even still traumatised by their previous life experiences;
- 2nd generations of refugees kids who don’t belong to the culture of their parents, however don’t find their place in the culture of majority.
It is not all the time easy to handle intercultural challenges, to face with stereotypes and prejudices coming from young people towards each other without really knowing what they are afraid of and why they become more and more xenophobic. Feeling in our skins, we need to improve our youth work competences in related with social exclusion, discrimination, and hate speech in order t o be able offering such types of youth work activities locally and European level where young people with different cultural background can cooperate together and preventing and combating online and local hate speech and hate crime together. As YouthX (DE) organisation we initiated researches and asked from our partners to do the same in order to identify our needs to realise this project.
You are a perfect match if you belong to the following groups!
- Youth worker 18+ years old
- Able to understand and communicate in English language
- Coming from (Germany, Romania, Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, North Macedonia, Turkey, Greece, Czech Republic, Lithuania and Italy)
- Open Minded Youth able to work in a multicultural group
- Be willing to be filmed throughout the sessions and workshops of the activity