Programme: ERASMUS+: Youth, Key Action 1: training course
Dates: 25 August — 2 September 2021
Venue: Zakynthos, Greece
Age limit: 21+
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: NECI
Participating countries: Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Romania, Lithuania, Italy, North Macedonia and Serbia
”Social media as an ally to youthworkers’ capacity enhancement” is a project aims to empower 29 youth workers, from Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Romania, Lithuania, Italy, North Macedonia and Serbia, to search deeper into themselves, figure out their strengths and weaknesses, make decisions consciously how to develop their skills, and build their future in an inclusive world through the combination of effective use of social media and social network and NFL (non-formal education).
The main aim of the project is to create a hub for the effective use of social media as personal development tools, following methods and practices to be used by those working with young people (in any capacity: formal, non-formal, vocational, etc.) so as to support them in pursing diverse career prospects. This will be achieved by:
- Improving the participants’ competences required in facilitating personal and professional development of young people they work with
- Providing space for sharing of experiences and good practices in the subject matter (here in particular: build their through the combination of social media and social network and NFL)
- Gaining first-hand experience in a number of personal and professional development tools
- Empower participants in acting as multipliers so as to build up to the experience gained during the project and having it spread to relevant stakeholders afterwards
- Exploring possibilities for future cooperation among participants and partner promoters engaged.
This training course will aim at both evaluating the achievements and challenges of the past months, as well as looking at the ways of improving human and organisational capacity building of young people and youth organizations through new and innovative personal development tools. Here, participants will have the chance to share their own experience of using the tools learned during the training course and propose new ones. Also, training is envisaged as a space for developing future partnerships among those involved. These will be based on the ideas already developed within the project lifetime. Based at the above we set the following objectives:
- raise awareness on the potentials of social network and it’s effects on social inclusion;
- rise knowledge and skills of participants in social media (SM) and social networks (SN) for enhancing positive results in youth work;
- share expertise and training related to the usage of SM-SN for developing Tools for youthworkers;
- support participants enriching their knowledge about using and implementing non-formal education in SM-SN for their own development;
- achieve further knowledge on how to use SM-SN as tools for approaching and motivating youngsters, enforcing this way their employability and their active citizenship and European citizenship.
- build long term partnerships for future collaboration in the youthfield.
- (a) participants who are between 21+ and have little or no experience in international trainings
- (b) gender balance and
- (c) all of them MUST be able to communicate in English.