ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: training course
Venue: Carregal do Sal, Portugal
Dates: 17—23 September 2022
National team size: 3 youth workers
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Associação Gap Year Portugal
Reason behind this project:
The transition phase between finishing formal education and moving into working life is the most challenging period in the life of a young adult. If, on the one hand, young people are still building their identity, full of doubts and insecurities about their
future, on the other hand, they are eager to achieve their independence and find their place in society.
There are numerous obstacles to young people in their transition to adulthood, which have been enhanced by constant social, political and, currently, also public health crises. In fact, young people represent a segment of the population at high risk of poverty and social exclusion, leading to serious and irreversible consequences both for young people and for society in general.
Thus, we identify poverty and social exclusion of young people as a global social problem which leads to serious effects both at the level of people and communities, making it urgent to create effective, efficient and sustainable solutions that allow the eradication of the problem and its effects.
Youth organizations and their youth workers (YW) assume a privileged position in preparing young people to face the obstacles that are placed on them in the 21st century. Still, for this work to be really effective and sustainable, there is a need to:
- Train the YW, and the organizations themselves, so that they are constantly updated regarding the most appropriate intervention methodologies to respond to the real needs and expectations of today’s young people;
- Develop and implement innovative and quality work practices with young people in order to respond to emerging challenges;
- Increase the responsiveness of the YW and organizations in order to encourage easier and equal access by young people to opportunities for integral development, especially for those with fewer opportunities;
- Strengthen the European network of organizations active in the youth sector;
What is the idea?
Therefore, this traing course intends to enable the personal, social and professional training of the YW through the creation of learning opportunities in a multicultural environment. Encouraging the sharing of experiences and knowledge among YW from European organizations active in the youth sector.
- Youth worker (someone working/collaborating with a youth project/ngo/etc);
- Age between 18 and 25 years old;
- Special interest in the areas of development of soft skills and non-formal education through “out of the box” experiences;
- Minimum basis of English (no titles required);
- With a Covid EU passport;
- With lots of energy and motivation;
- We are looking for 3 youth workers from each organization;
- Ideally one of those three should come from a background with fewer opportunities;
- The travel dates for everyone (except rare exceptions) will be on the 17th of September and on the 23rd of September.