Programme & action: ERASMUS+: Youth, Key Action 1: training course
Dates: 12—21 December 2020
Venue: Viljandimaa, Estonia
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: Noored Ühiskonna Heaks
Age limit: 18+
Participating countries: Estonia, Sweden, Romania, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Italy, Spain, Poland, Latvia, Greece, France, Hungary and Turkey
THE CONTENT AND ACTIVITIES
We aim at empowering and building up the competences of educational practitioners to design, facilitate and evaluate meaningful educational activities in youth work, also focusing on digital youth work.
It is getting harder and harder to attract youth to education. Educators need to be more efficient, more entertaining and more creative to interest youth. Due to this, it is important to introduce non-formal education methods to make education more appealing and easier to understand for youngsters and young adults.
The training course will be based on the specific needs of the participants and partner organisations, and will be highly participatory. Diversity, e.g. in the group of participants, will be considered as a resource for the exchange and transfer of competences, as well as special attention is paid to the intercultural dimension of the project. There will only be few frontal lectures, the main part of the training course will be delivered in the form of practical sessions implemented by the participants in a learning-by-doing fashion, using the full toolbox of non-formal education and experiential learning. The trainers will take care of creating a supportive and safe learning environment, where participants are encouraged and coached while mastering challenges that contribute to their personal, professional and organisational development.
- turning business/formal trainers and teachers into non-formal professionals
- learning and non-formal education: approaches, conditions, models, factors,
- meeting the learning needs of the target group, ensuring relevance of activities
and delivering proposed impact.
- practical tools and methods for designing, facilitation and assessment of
- development and testing of own educational modules with/in front of a group
- practice in feedback, empathy, coaching and communication skills
- partnership-building and the development of follow-up activities
- youth leaders/workers
- youth trainers/workers who are actively working with young people as a
professional or on the voluntary basis
- aged 18+