Programme & action: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: Training Course
Venue: Vilnius, Lithuania
TC dates: 23-30 May 2020
Host organisation: Inovation Office
Participating countries: Latvia, Lithuania, France, Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovakia
Please read the info-pack
Organisational development goals set up by the outcomes of researches:
We will plan 32 local youth work activities based on the needs of our target groups through interethnic conflict resolution and mediation in order to prevent inter-ethnic conflict among young people with different cultural background and their radicalisation in the following 2 years.
We will invent together at least 16 international youth exchanges in order to involve young people into intercultural teamwork and prevent radicalization and inter-ethnic conflict among young people with different cultural background in the following 2 years.
We will start partnership building among 12 local youth organisations of the host partner and the other 10 partners of our consortium in order to sustain the outcomes of our project within future intercultural cooperation.
Professional learning needs of our fellow youth workers, youth leaders:
We will define what inter-ethnic conflict is, how it happens and what are its causes, then to summarize and interpret roles, conflict styles and conflict approaches in inter-ethnic conflicts and conflicts in general.
As mediators, we will recognize own stereotypes and prejudices, and detect and identify personal conflict styles and illustrate skills of solving conflict using personal communication skills. We will demonstrate effective way of communicating that resolves conflict and practice different conflict resolution skill.
We will gain experiences on research as a tool how it can help to analyze needs, expectations and possibilities of young people on participation within their local community in order to prevent any type of conflict situation among culturally diverse young people.
We will gain information and knowledge on Erasmus+ programme with special focus on international youth exchanges and Youthpass.
Learning objectives of the training course:
In the perspective of knowledge, learning objectives are:
– to define what inter-ethnic conflict is, how it happens and what are its causes;
– to summarize and interpret roles and conflict styles and conflict management in inter-ethic conflicts;
– to identify and later contrast personal behaviour regard to stereotypes, prejudices, feeling of empathy, tolerance and solidarity;
– to solve communication barriers in conflicting situations and to demonstrate effective way of communicating that resolves conflict;
– to interpret, analyze and describe- and later produce a project proposal based on the comprehension of the research;
– to apply the knowledge of inter-ethnic conflict in simulation or role-play and other similar activities;
– to compare different conflict types in different given situations.
In the perspective of skills, learning objectives are:
– to detect and identify personal conflict style and illustrate skills of solving conflict using personal communication skills;
– to display skills of active listening of the other;
– to choose between methods or research and show the actual work, later organize the research process;
– to construct an outlook of the project proposal using knowledge;
– to show active involvement in mediation processes using communication skills;
– to practice different conflict resolution skill;
This is extremely important dor us that participants drom each country will share gained knowledge. Therefore, after the training, the group from each country will be obligated to conduct dissemination events, until 12 th July 2020:
a) workshop in their organization, where they will share gained knowledge and skills with other youth workers;
b) meeting with young people, during which they will use the gained konwledge and skills in practise.
Please note that conducting this activity is obligatory. Report from the event (photos and description ) will be required.