Programme: ERASMUS+, Key Action 1: youth exchange
Dates: 21 February—1 March 2022
Venue: Smolyan, Bulharia
National team size: 6 participants (aged 16-29) + 1 group leader (aged 18+)
Please read the info-pack.
Hosting organisation: International Youth Activity Center Bulgaria
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Portugal, Romania, Czech Republic, Croatia, Serbia
Sustainable development has been at the heart of the European project for nearly 20 years and is one of the fundamental objectives of the European Union (EU). It has been integrated into EU policies and legislation via the EU Sustainable Development Strategy, the EU 2020 Strategy, the EU’s Better Regulation Agenda, in sectoral policies such as the 7th Environment Action Programme and now in the 2030 Agenda. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) puts the sustainable developmente at the heart of the european agenda, providing for a shared global vision towards sustainability.
For this reasosn, we, younsters, decided to develop this project to involve young people like us on this topic. It’s an idea that has been developed after our participation in previous Youth Exchanges and local activities on the topic of sustainable development and enviornmental protection. It is a topic that is very relevant to us and our partners and this mobility is a chance for us, the youth in our country, and in our partners’ countries, to play an active role in this process of change making.
Developing sustainable communities is something that will benefit individual citizens, communities, countrys, Europe and the planet as a whole. The will to carry out this project comes from our true believe that it will have a regional, national and European impact for environmental, social, and economic reasons. We know that our project alligns with the general objectives of the Erasmus+ programme, the specific objectives of the Key Action One ant the objectives of the 2030 Agenda, as we proceed to explain in detail.
The main aim of this project is:
- To raise young people’s awareness/understanding on enviornmental issues, offering the opportunity to create change in their local communities, promoting informal and non-formal learning and cooperation in the field of youth.Environmental, social, and economic objectives of the project are:
- Give young residents a voice and a stake. Encouraging the people to contribute to their community entails social benefits, as well as economic and environmental advantages. This projet aims to help youngsters become stakeholders and encourage the members of the community to take their active part in reducing waste and conserving resources.
- Promote Waste Redduction. According to the Household Waste Statistics, households generate over 1.2 billion tons of waste per year. The goal is to educate youngsters in terms of environmental practices like recycling, reducing and reusing to reduce waste and fight climate change.
- Turn waste into resources. Sustainability also involves showing how to turn waste into resources and remanufactur that into products that are planet friendly. This will have an impact in the everyday lifes of the youngster that can learn how to live zero waste and pass that knowledge to their community, through WOM, dissemination campaigns and the creation of local businesses.
- Support for Local Businesses. Supporting local businesses boosts the economic sustainability of a community, taking into consideration the principle of sustainable development. Not only this project can raise awareness about how and the importance of supporting this local businesses, but it can encourage youngsters to be entrepeneurs in this area, which will have double the benefit socialy and economicaly.
- To promote the Erasmus+ programme, EU values and participation in future activities through the use of non-formal education, while promoting its recognition through the YouthPass certificate.
Profiles of participants: Young people, students, youth leaders, eco activists, green entrepreneurs, youth workers, members of NGOs, volunteers actively work in youth field etc.